Sunday, November 18, 2012

Being Thankful





Here it is almost Thanksgiving Day again.  Although shouldn't every day be a day of Thanksgiving?  We truly have so many things to be thankful for.  I once decided to make a list, an alphabetical list of all the things I was thankful for.  I ran across it the other day when looking through a folder of mine.  This was a great idea and I guess I need to do it again soon. Somewhere near the top of a thanksgiving list should be gratitude for our health.  And of course for our families and loved ones.

It has been cool here for a week with a couple days really dreary, just like November days in VT.  Then out comes the sun today and makes us all feel better.  Yesterday afternoon we met our VT friends in Leesburg and went up to The Villages to a car show.  The guys really liked that.  Also had a few shops with sidewalk sales for us girls to look at.  After an afternoon of wandering through the streets we had a nice supper at one of the restaurants there and headed back home.  It was a fun time.

Picked some oranges from our tree here.  Big and juicy Red Navels.  


Our annual fall Park wide yard sale went well on Saturday.  Several residents set up shop and sold things.  This year we didn't have enough to sell to set up.  We took a bag of things to the local youth center's Thrift Shop just before leaving for home last spring.  It was fun to wander around and see what was being offered.  I bought a couple books and a cookie jar shaped like a big red apple.  

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.  We are having dinner here at Sunshine Hall.  Looking forward to lots of tasty turkey and all the fixings and hopefully a piece of pumpkin pie.  

"We would worry less if we praised more.  Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction."    {Henry Ironside}

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Mr. & Mrs.

    I am grateful to have you both in my life. I love you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll be thinking of you both.
    Love and Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post? That's a beautiful red orange! mmm!

    ReplyDelete