Friday, May 2, 2014

I Think it is Spring !

Spring is truly here!  I wake to hear the robins singing and after supper, the peepers can be heard down by the brook.  But still that nippy wind persists! And it has been really blowing lately!  The sheets on the line nearly blew away today!









 We have raked out all the flower beds and the daffodils are blooming.  The forsythia on the north side still isn't blooming.  Guess it is still recovering from the severe cold of winter.  The 'Project', the recycled Potting/Garden shed is coming along nicely. It now has shutters at the windows!  Today I picked out some paint for them to brighten up the little house.  Soon as we get the outside looking nice I will get inside and see about how to set up a place to pot my plants etc.
Yesterday Angel and I went to meet the newest little bundle of joy, our very first gr. gr. grandson, Jordan.  What a little cuddle baby he is!


I have been experimenting as I learn to make a more gluten free bread that really looks like a nice loaf of bread and tastes as good as the bread I am used to making and eating.  We are told these days that so much wheat with all its gluten isn't that good for us.  So, today's experiment was a success!  A seven grain bread with much less wheat and many other grains etc.  Buckwheat, corn, brown rice, sorghum flour, almond flour and oat bran.  It was delicious!  So guess I am glad I jotted down what I added to that dough so I can do it again next time. 


"If thou taste a crust of bread, thou taste all the stars 
                                       and all the heavens."             Robert Browning

And now this spring day has come to an end and it is time to toddle off to bed.  Sleep well all!




1 comment:

  1. Good story. How about posting the recipe? sounds good

    ReplyDelete