Monday, September 19, 2011

The Time Sure Flies !



Where does the time go ?  It seems like summer was very short this year. I gave away the last of the ripe, red tomatoes.  My tummy has had enough acid for a spell!   Now there's only the late producing pole beans left in the garden.  The 'afterthought' garden.  We plant a few of these beans in a less sunny spot to grow up a latticed arbor and they come along more slowly here.
It was chilly enough this morning to have a small fire in the old woodstove.  How I miss a nice little wood fire in FL  Just a quiet crackle or a little sputter with no furnace or blower running.  We  really do have some pretty cold days there in the central part of the state.

I'm being scolded loudly by Miss Lizzie our beautiful white cat.  I came in and left her on the screened-in porch before lunch and she is really letting me know that wasn't kind at all !  She knows I sit down after lunch to write or to read while my honey takes a snooze in his recliner.  He invites her to sit in his lap and snooze with him but she usually just makes a dash for my computer chair and parks there.  She has me trained !  I don't like to oust her from there so I pull up another chair and she starts to purr as if she now feels I'll say a few words for her.  How I'll miss her this winter when she leaves 'Camp Grammy's House' and goes to stay with our daughter in-law for the winter.

Tomorrow is a special day.  We celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary !  Guess it will be a quiet day.  No elaborate plans.  Dinner out in the evening will be nice.
               
We are thanking our Lord for our journey together.  He has been so gracious to us and has provided for all our needs, blessed us with wonderful children, grandchildren and great grandchildren and with many wonderful friends.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY 55TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
    Hope you guys have a wonderful-gut day!!! can you tell I've been reading an Amish book? ha, ha! Beverly Lewis.

    love, Cyndy, for us all (Mike and Ruger included)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very Happy Anniversary. You are the picture of the best of married life. God Bless You. Carol and Fred

    ReplyDelete