Saturday, August 27, 2011

Goodnight Irene !

Today was a nice summer day here in VT.  As we drove to our friends' place on Darling Hill where we like to spend time off and on in the summer, we couldn't help but think of the threat of hurricane Irene which is coming up the east coast and is expected to give us a lot of grief with high winds and lots and lots of rain.  How different than in the old days when there was no doplar radar and the media wasn't doing so much warning as they do now.  The farmers out getting in their hay would have had no clue that the next day was to be a horrible, windy time of disaster and destruction.  I am still hoping this hurricane will take a turn and head out to sea before it goes much further north.

It's getting late and I'm tired so I will get along to bed.  Our Miss Lizzie is sitting here staring up at me and wondering why I'm not on my way to bed yet.  She has to get us all tucked in before she makes her final rounds of the place and then comes in to sleep at our feet.  I'll leave with a prayer for safety for all who have to deal with Irene.  Goodnight Irene !  Go out to sea !


No comments:

Post a Comment