Friday, August 5, 2011

On Gardens and Masterpieces







The Sky  (More later !)


How glorious these summer days!  The garden is keeping me hopping!  String beans anyone??  Most folks I know are overrun with zucchini but this year only one plant came up from out of the 3 hills I planted. And just blossoms on that one so far.  Lots of green tomatoes so that means I can have some fried green tomatoes, which I just acquired a taste for a couple years ago.  I am the only one in my family who really likes them so I make them just for me.

Yesterday was a no work day for me.  My friend Betty came over, arms loaded down with oil painting stuff.  We had scheduled a day, set aside time etc. just to get out the paints and brushes with which to create a masterpiece , make that two masterpieces!  So cocky and sure we were!  Well, we started out just fine, I got a lovely sky going...  blue sky day, pretty clouds etc. (Skies are my favorite) BUT the composition for my masterpiece landscape, escaped my grasp and what ever I started to build just didn't work!  Betty had the same problem... please tell us WHAT that problem was !!  We hadn't had a good face to face visit since spring and eventually we decided to just enjoy each other's company, giggle a bit, look at some great paintings on line and eat our lunch.  Now that was FUN...so guess we weren't meant to make masterpieces that day.  We plan to try again soon.  Maybe we'll remember to ask the Lord's blessing on the project next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment