Friday, February 3, 2012

Blessings

I want to share today thoughts on a great subject...Blessings!   Awhile ago I heard a wonderful song by Laura Story with the title "Blessings".  I bought the song and have played it so many times since.  We ordered the music at church back home in VT  and our little choir sang it for a Sunday morning anthem.
The words have a powerful message and Laura sings it so well.   If you'd like to hear it you can go to Google and type in ... Laura Story "Blessings" youtube ... and just click on the version with the heart surrounding the words 'Love never fails' from God's Word.

I am trying to be more thankful... for all the little things.  Each day is full of these little wonders.  I just have to think to look for them.  I have had a cold and fever for a couple days, Dennis shared it with me, and I've tried to find the good in this situation!  Amazing how many things to be thankful for here!   Friends who call or inquire for me, a nice quiet place to rest and recuperate, cousin Natalie who brought me cough drops, my hubby who made supper, a good book to read just when I was laying low, some good songs to listen to as I accompany them with my honking and sneezing, and how fortunate I was to be able to sleep at night after taking Tylenol which I am able to have on hand, and on and on.  Maybe the best thing is that I will be nearly recovered and surely past the 'sharing' stage by Sunday when we expect company!!

I am feeling so much better today and can even make it to my American Sign Language Class later today. We are being taught by a very sweet and patient couple who moved here and joined our Sunshine family this fall.  There are about a dozen of us and we are doing pretty well with our signing.  I really didn't want to miss a class.
Before getting this cold, I went with 4 friends to the annual Kumquat Festival in Dade City, about a half hour from here.  We had a grad time wandering among the booths of arts and crafts and 'all things kumquat'.  The kumquat pie was the big treat of the day.  We all bought a basket of kumquats and came home with the recipe.  Delightful pie!    If you see any up north in the supermarket, give this recipe a try!
       

         The Kumquat seekers


               Kumquat Pie
 1 Baked 9" pie crust or a Graham crust
 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
 2/3 C. pureed Kumquats
 1 Can Condensed sweetened milk
1/2 C. lemon juice
OPTional  May add 4 oz. cream cheese to the condensed mild and whipped topping if desired.

1.  Beat condensed milk and whipped topping (and cr. cheese if used)
2. Add lemon juice and beat until thickened.
3. Add pureed kumquats
4. Pour into shell
5. Chill in fridge for several hours.
Also may freeze pie and take out just a short while before serving. May serve with whipped cream or not
Really yummy!!

I also want to recommend a blog that I follow, written by my friend Cyndy who is a wonderful writer.
... Musings On The Hill.     http://www.darlinghill.blogspot.com   Her blog is so uplifting as she talks of her faith and of her life in a remote and lovely place in the hills of VT.  Lately she speaks of answered prayer, miracles, and the wonders of nature.  Oh yeah, she is a great photographer too! In summer we love to spend time with her and Syd on The Hill.  She invites you to 'visit the hill' through her blog.

I am about to make some soup for lunch.  Then a rest and off to class.  I leave you today with a Bible verse;  I Thessalonians 5:18   "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."      Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the kind words! I just want the blog to be a blessing to someone who might "drop by". Sure do miss you. am so happy to hear that you are feeling better, sorry you got so sick. It's one thing to be sick up here in the cold when you can curl up in the warmth of the house, but it's hard to be sick when there's such good weather and so much going on. Glad you could make it to your class. That would be a fun one! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention: Kumquat Pie!! I must try!!
    beautiful poetry, huh?

    ReplyDelete