Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just a bit of This and That

I think it is Spring here in Florida!  Things are blooming, trees budding out, more birds singing in the morning, and I'm sneezing!   And my eyes are itching!   This happens to me every year about this time here.  The beautiful old live oak trees and water oaks are beginning to 'do their thing' again.  They seem to be the only thing on earth, so far, that I have an allergy to.  I take my little allergy pill each morning and I can keep things under control for the most part... so far anyway!  With each sneeze I think it is time to start packing up for the migration back to VT.  I packed up some things today that I won't be needing until we get home.  It shouldn't be until the end of March that we actually head up the road toward home.  We have accomplished a lot here this year, and had a lot of good times with our snowbird friends.

I am having a great time learning sign language.  Frank and Cindy are a couple who live here and are teaching us American Sign Language.  Our last class was such fun.  It was our seventh session and after a time of review we simply sat around and 'chatted' with our hands and fingers flying and our over taxed brains sizzling as we tried to remember as much as we could to get our thoughts across to one another.

Dennis has been painting our place, outside, and putting on some shutters.  Things are looking really nice and fresh.  He has been working on re-siding several places here in Sunshine Village.  Cousin Natalie and Jerry have new siding and windows on their place, looks great and Monday they start on yet another make-over.  We will all look so good, I hope it doesn't make the rent go up!

This week we were treated to a demonstration of clogging by a great group of cloggers from near here.  They came to us at our Sunshine Hall and Wow, can they move!  Never missing a beat and always staying together in all their steps, such precision!  And they aren't 20 year olds either!!  They weren't even out of breath and puffing with all that exertion!

We are all decked out for the next holiday which will be St. Patrick's Day.  Our clever decorators have our 'Seasonal Tree' all cloaked in GREEN !  I guess I will still wear a bit of Orange as my people came from Northern Ireland, were Protestant and were 'Orangemen' according to family history.  Hope nobody thinks these are fighting colors!   A cousin of mine always wore her Orange on the day of "The Wearing of The Green!  I don't think she ever got into any altercations!

Some pictures for you!


The new 'facelift'!

Ready for St. Pat's Day


The White Lightening Cloggers
clogging to music from  'Bonanza'

And I leave you with a quote or a little snippet of poetry that I like a lot.

I know not by what methods rare
The Lord provides for me;
I only know that all my needs
   He meets so graciously....       Adams


3 comments:

  1. The house looks great. Good job Dennis, and good story Dottie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place looks great! Don't you just love cloggers? I do too. What great exercise!!! Do you have more live oaks at this new place than you had before? just wondering.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure have enjoyed reading your stories you have written...they are so interesting to read. Your pictures of your great grandchildren are so sweet...they are adorable...We sure looked like we were enjoying eating our pizza at the Flea Market. That was a fun day at the Market...

    ReplyDelete