Monday, March 19, 2012

Countdown!

Another really warm day here at Sunshine Village.  The pool is a busy place!  Such fun to splash and play like a bunch of kids!  All floating around on our noodles... water aerobics was a big hit this year.

Our St. Patrick's day dinner was a great time...potluck this time.  Lots of good old fashioned Irish food.  Great Corned beef and cabbage, potatoes col-something, tasty anyway!


Our clever decorating committee gals got right busy Sunday afternoon and now our 'Seasonal Tree'  is all decked out and ready for Easter.

I've been busy doing my spring sorting and cleaning, not to mention packing us up for the migration back north and home.  It keeps me inside and out of the pollen for awhile anyway!

Tomorrow we look forward to a visit from our daughter in-law and the grand kids from St. Cloud.  Our last visit for this season...face to face visit anyway.  Have to store up all the hugs which I can't get enough of! I have the fridge pretty well emptied out so we will go out to eat tomorrow at the local restaurant, the Hayseed Cafe, a great place just a mile away.  Best cornbread ever !   Not the usual southern kind with no sweetness, but really good, moist with a bit of sweet.  (I won't be getting the black eyed peas though! I haven't cultivated a taste for them yet!  I do like collards though.  These folks make a mean Ruben.
My collards, that I planted in Oct, did quite well.  My neighbor will get my pot of herbs.  She also looks after our two little flower beds.

I begin to get excited and impatient to be off about now.  But Thursday morning will come soon.  I'm eager to be back in the hills where that wonderful smell of woodsmoke drifts through my valley on a chilly spring morning or evening and the old wood stove is giving off silent warmth as the teakettle sings merrily. Maybe the robins will be hopping across the lawn.

My neighbor emails saying that we have a pretty yellow crocus up and blooming already!  Sure  hope we get there to see the bare ground and not have to unload on a cold blustery spring day.  It's been years since we have seen NO snow upon the ground as we arrive in late March.

If you are so inclined, say a prayer for our safe journey home.  Blessings.

The Seasonal Tree decked out for Easter

Adding this to yesterdays post.  Our youngest grandchildren, Nick and Mikayla
Here for a short visit and little pizza party.  We'll miss them this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're getting to see all the family before you fly North ( ;
    We will be praying for you as you head "home" and will be happy to see you! Of course I hope too that those yellow crocuses won't be buried beneath a blanket of white by then either. You know VT!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete