Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Let The Party Begin !


My soul longs, yes even faints for the courts of the Lord.  Ps. 84:2

I'd like to share with you  a short, yet exemplary little story from a book of Our Daily Bread stories I have been reading.  It is about a three year old boy who loved to go to Church and who became very upset, even to crying, when unable to attend.  He loved the Bible stories, games, songs and dinner every Sunday.  He would rush into his Sunday school class with much enthusiasm and loudly announce, "Let's get the party started!"  How the Lord must smile at this little boy's excitement about being in "God's House" and so eager to hear of Him !

This winter I have been attending a really big church, not like my small wonderfully close-knit, small village church back home in VT.  Many things are different in a big church.  So many people, a really big choir, a minister of music, a minister of evangelism, the senior pastor and a youth pastor. But the one thing we have in common, large or small is our love of our Lord, rejoicing and worshipping with fellow believers who gather eagerly, like the little boy, every Sunday to listen to God's work, sing praises to Him and to pray for each other.  So it's really just like home, just more people in a bigger town, in a bigger 'room' all joined together as God's children everywhere are.

So as I pack and plan for our return home next week, I am eager to see and be with all those I worship with on Sunday morning there.  I hope we can all be as eager as this little fellow to head for "God's House" on Sunday mornings and as eager to exclaim,  "let's get this party started !"

Ps. 84: 2    "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go to the house of the Lord."



2 comments:

  1. Sure wish we all were that eager! I have a little friend that comes to my SS class and loves coming. He's not from a saved family, and doesn't always get the encouragement he needs from them. I keep praying that they won't dampen his enthusiasm. When he received his Bible from our class he was SO happy and he and his Grammy read from it. We're praying for little Gary. Thanks for that post. I can't BELIEVE that you're leaving next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful story Dottie.
    See you soon.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete