Monday, June 25, 2012

Just a bit of this and that...

Seems the heat wave has passed.  That's just fine with me.  We have had some much needed rain and my garden is showing its thankfulness.  The rather hard rain on Sat. afternoon was a bit too heavy and too much too soon for my hydrangeas and they just laid down in the back yard.  We were away at the time, about an hour away and there was no rain there at all.





It was a great 50th anniversary party on Sat. for cousin Natalie and hubby Jerry.  We all had a great time and enjoyed a nice buffet lunch and really good tasting cake... should say cakes as Natalie's niece Abby made a birthday cake as well as the anniversary cake because Sunday was Natalie's birthday !   Niece Amy made great punch and everyone raved about the meatballs made by Natalie's sister, Janice.  The rest of the party was catered and everything very tasty.  Chris, the couple's son, provided us with background music from the 50's.  Some were brave enough to get out and dance a bit too! I met some very nice ladies from Natalie's hometown who helped with the decorations and helped serve and keep the party running smoothly.

Today I made a couple batches of strawberry rhubarb jam.  The berries are very sweet this year it seems and our rhubarb plentiful.  I also took time to sit on the porch and finish the book I was reading. "The Help".  They tell me it is a movie now too.  It was really a good story. If you aren't familiar with it, it is about the black ladies who worked for the wealthy southern women in the 1960's.  I recently got a Kindle and found that one can borrow books from your local library wirelessly.  I had a short waiting time for it to become available but only a couple days.  Then I have two weeks to read it and it is taken off my Kindle. Isn't this modern technology something!

Hope you all have a happy week.   A quote for you...
"What we see of God's provision teaches us to trust Him for what we cannot see of His purposes."

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful time at the anniversary party.
    I told Syd about your kindle and library situation. He asked, "can you download the books even if you don't have service in your area?" I said, I'd ask. Hopefully I'll remember to ask next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete