Thursday, July 7, 2011

for everything there is a season and a time

  Hello !  Welcome !  Thanks for visiting 'all things homespun ! 
Hi,  I'm Dottie.  I am new to blogging (as you will soon see !)  Ahh... modern technology!  Don't let them fool you, older floks can learn new tricks.
Setting up a blog is like working one's way through a puzzle...some trial and error...some ' Wow, I got that right the first time" and some utter frustration !  Like why did this just switch to a smaller font ???

Now, I wonder why am I doing this ??   I surely am not a world traveler with much to tell and show of the wonders of the world.  My favorite place is...HOME !
BUT, every day God gives me blessings and alerts all my senses to the wonders He has created all around me, where ever I may be.  It seems to be that the simple, ordinary stuff can become a wonder if I take the time to just think about it from all angles.  Each day truly is a gift.
What is in that gift box today?  A trip to visit friends an hour away, stay over night in our little camper high on a lovely hill where time nearly stands still.  Listening to the owl as we lay in bed ready to fall asleep, waking to a lovely painted pink, rose and yellow sky,and the ball of fire rising in the east. Smelling the breakfast cooking in the near out of doors and enjoying the fellowship of our friends.. these are what I found today in my gift box.  Thank you Lord !          


1 comment:

  1. I know just where you were- from that description!!!! This was a great post. You're going to be good at this. I find that it's fun and must keep remembering that it doesn't have to be a burden. I don't want to be tied to my blog. Keep blogging. I really like your new background also.

    ReplyDelete