Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Procrastination And Inspiration




Isn't it wonderful how friends can inspire one another!! 

After reading Cyndy's blog posting yesterday, how she accomplished some put off chores, I really felt the urge to do a couple jobs in the procrastination department since early spring.

Our old 1860's home of Post and Beam construction has several exposed beams in the kitchen area.  Being a lover of all things old and odd, I tend to gather up such and find the need to seek out a place for them to live where I can look at them often and enjoy them much.  What better place for a few old Blue Willow plates, an old candle mold, a duck decoy and a couple of kerosene lamps...all mighty good dust catchers !

So, finally down they all came and after a good bath back they went atop freshly dusted and washed beams. Amazing how the chimneys on the oil lamps shine. Such a good feeling to accomplish a task after so much procrastination!

I'm keeping the doors and windows closed today....the thermometer on the back patio has reached 90 degrees (in the shade ) !  The clothes on the line dried in a jiffy and I soon must venture out in the heat and retrieve them.

Then, who's going to inspire me to cook supper???   Guess it will be Chef's Salad tonight with maybe a blueberry muffin from the freezer.  Later a dish of ice cream?   Keep cool!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that nasty word procrastination...the word itself is a hard sounding name as it's meaning.
    Such is getting to my vegetable garden. Springtime beckons me there to plan how to lay out the rows and think about lush plants waiting to be picked, but alas, the heat of summer and the garden doesn't wait for anyone. Early morning watering, weeding, get those zucchini before the get you. I swear they hide on you.
    I think next year, I'll cut back...but then I say that every year, but after the last plant is pulled and and the garden is ready for winter's snow, I think, "Well, that wasn't so bad" and head in for a cup of coffee and a good book.

    ReplyDelete