Saturday, October 8, 2011

Precious Friends

God has been so good to me by bringing into my life so many precious friends.

I am looking forward next week to spending lots of time with my most wonderful daughter, Angel, my special precious friend.  We are counting the months, twenty now, until she and my favorite son in-law Paul, another precious friend, return to VT to live!

The other days great blessing was a visit from Debbie. (You know, every day has blessings, some great some small and we need to be still and count them all!)  Debbie is another precious friend who is also a fantastic photographer!  She captures the beauty she sees in the world so well with her every ready camera.  We so enjoy each other's company over coffee and scones.  So much we have in common, so little time to finish all our discussions, relate  our discoveries, swap recipes and debate a few issues. We had a wonderful time together.

And then there is Alison, my lovely friend and caring neighbor who is a real world traveler and just got home from a trip to England.  We plan to get together for lunch this next week.

Today is a day away from home.  A visit to Darling Hill, our last for the year... to visit with three more precious friends.  Cyndy, the super creative one, Her Mom, Dotty, an inspiration to us all and Syd, himself a very creative guy.   It is a work day here for Syd and Mr. Fix- It  as they are putting a pump in a well. We girls will make sure they have some nice homemade soup for lunch to warm their bones. Then we'll take a walk in Dotty's woods. Maybe eat some of the delicious wild apples from the many trees on the hill. It was 37 degrees here at 8:00 AM but with the promise of a blue sky day and maybe 68 degree temperature by afternoon.  Another one of those near perfect Oct. days.  I so love these days and refuse to 'migrate' to the south until mid Oct. when the vibrant colored leaves are mostly on the ground and it is once again stick season.  Only then, after loading up the car with a couple bags of local apples and consuming at least a quart of cider over the last weeks, will I consent to the journey.

Friends on Darling Hill


'Whose woods these are, I think I know...'

We stop for our second day and night with more great friends, Cousin Janice and her hubby Phil who are great hosts and put us up for the night.  It's like a favorite Bed and Breakfast!  that second bag of apples is for these sweet people who miss VT in the fall.

I guess I could write six blog pages about precious friends.  I'm not forgetting all my friends who read my ramblings and send me nice emails either !  Thanks, I needed that ! How well our God provides us with all our needs!

2 comments:

  1. Great story, I can really picture your wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day it was!! I agree, we are so blessed by precious friends! You are two of them for us. Thank the Lord for you - and thank you for all the ways you care for us.
    P.S. I know whose woods those are - Mom's! they're so CLEAN!
    -C

    ReplyDelete